March & September
Full-time classroom based
Laksamana College of Business
The foundation in Information Technology will equip students with academic subjects relevant to the chosen course as well as a compulsory English Language and academic skills module. This course will allow students to choose from a wide choice of progression pathways in Computing as diverse as Assistive Technologies, Computer Games, Artificial Intelligence, Evolutionary Computation, Big Data and Robotics.
This course is suitable for students who want to increase subject knowledge as well as to improve their English language and academic skills in Computing. This Foundation year will equip students with the necessary knowledge to progress to complete their Degree in Computing in Brunei, in the UK or anywhere else in the world. The course has been accredited by the Brunei Darussalam National Accreditation Council (BDNAC).
Aims & Objectives
- Provide entry to Common First Year degree programmes of participating Universities.
- Develop academic skills necessary to study for a degree at a UK university.
- Develop communication and soft skills necessary to succeed.
Upon the completion of Foundation in IT, students may proceed to first year of:
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
Foundation in Information Technology
- 4 GCE ‘O’ Level Credits in English medium subjects
- BDTVEC Pre-National Diploma
Why you should take up Foundation
- Fastest pathway of only 4 years after O Levels to obtain a Business Degree entry
- An alternative programme to A Levels accepted by UK Universities for Degree entry
- Develop academic skills necessary to study for a degree at a UK university