March & September
1 .5 Years
Full-time/Evening classroom based
Laksamana College of Business
A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality is a vocational qualification, which enables students with no prior knowledge or skills to develop an understanding of the world’s fastest growing job sector. At diploma level students will gain practical work skills and experience, as well as theoretical understanding. This will enable students to either start a career in Hospitality or to progress to higher studies.
- Students will design and run their own events
- Students will be given work attachments (examples of placements include: Radisson, Rizqun, Empire Hotel restaurants and our very own Culinary School)
- Students will run their own hospitality business for an entire semester – all profits are kept by the students.
- Students will have access and will learn how to use hotel booking and invoicing software.
Upon completion of Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in in Hospitality, students may proceed to:
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management
BTEC International Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
- 4 GCE O Level Passes in English medium subjects or 2 in Malay
and 2 in English medium subjects
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate
- BDTVEC Pre-National Diploma
- NTEC Diploma or equivalent
BTEC offers career-based qualifications designed to give students the skills they need to move on to higher education or to go straight into employment. BTEC develops a range of practical skills and knowledge which help learners to prepare for and progress in their chosen career.
Classroom style teaching combined with the project work and practical, work-related activities help to develop student’s behaviour and skills which can include teamwork, creative thinking and presentation skills.
More employers and Higher Education institutions than ever before are choosing BTEC-qualified candidates for their academic and practical. knowledge and skills
HND in Hospitality Management